NXTField Hockey Learn more today.
Energy, enthusiasm, passion...this is what you'll find at NXT field hockey each and every day. NXT field hockey offers a fun and inspiring learning environment for players in Kindergarten through 8th grade. We offer differentiated curriculum that combines the perfect balance of challenge and repetition while providing age-appropriate training to promote developmental growth at all levels. Our dedicated and talented coaches have a passion for teaching all aspects of the game with a strong emphasis on skills that can be used both on and off the field.
Our program is broken up into three levels. Intro, Fundamental and Elite. Spark is our Intro program for girls 5-8 years old. NXT Field Hockey offers fundamental training and leagues for girls ages 8 - 14 years old. NXT Field Hockey Club provides an elite, competitive experience for athletes ages 8-14 years old. Below is a brief synopsis of how to decide which level would best serve your child's athletic goals.
Intro | Spark
(all abilities welcome)
• Have fun, meet new friends and learn to love the game!
• No experience necessary and we provide sticks.
• Learn the skills the right way at an early age.
• After Spark, she can go to training, the league or club!
Fundamental | Training
(all abilities welcome)
• Practice and perfect her individual skills.
• No experience necessary and we can provide sticks.
• Experienced coaches in a small-group setting.
• Along with training, she can play in the league or club!
Fundamental | League
(all abilities welcome)
• Compete as a team. She can join alone or with friends!
• No experience necessary and we can provide the sticks.
• Federation game rules that are age-appropriate.
• Along with the league, she can go to training or club!
Club - Elite (try outs required)
• Competitive athletes that are committed to a team.
• Loves the game and is looking to take her skills to the next level.
• Consistent high-level coaching.
• Train weekly and play in local tournaments.
- Started as SPARK field hockey in West Chester, Pa July 2014
- 5+ locations for introductory programs and camps
- Players from over 30 schools in Philadelhpia area
- Episcopal Academy hosts NXT field hockey club
Director of NXTfieldhockey
Susie Macciocca is the founder and director for SPARK Field Hockey. She is thrilled to share her passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for field hockey with young athletes in the Philadelphia area.
A former standout at Episcopal Academy in both field hockey and lacrosse, Susie played Division I field hockey at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem (N.C.). Susie has 15 years of coaching experience in youth sports, ranging from the youngest players to college-bound varsity athletes.
At the high school level, Susie assisted the Radnor varsity field hockey team, helping the team earn a bid to the District One playoffs in each of the seasons and a state tournament berth in 2009. Prior to assisting Radnor's team, Susie was the head coach at Springside School and an assistant at Rye Country Day School, helping the team win its first Independent School State Championship in 2004.
Before starting SPARK Field Hockey, Susie was a director at Filia in their field hockey division, co-founder and director of Strikers Field Hockey Camp, a U14 club team coach for Mystx Field Hockey Club, and a volunteer field hockey coach for the Whitpain Recreational Association.
She has also coached high school lacrosse for 15 years and is an assistant coach at Radnor.
Brand Marketing Manager
Carly joined NXT in the fall of 2014 as the assistant director of operations, education were she was responsible for overseeing and implementing all operations within the division. Carly became the director of operations, education in 2015 where she worked directly for field hockey's sport head and along side soccer and lacrosse directors of operations. In 2016, she paved her way working full-time in the NXT marketing division as brand marketing manager for education and TV and works directly with the director of marketing. Carly implements and creates all education and TV marketing brand, strategies, materials and emails. She also oversees all of education’s digital and web assets.
Carly graduated cum laude from Washington College in 2014 with a B.A.in business management and minor in art. She was a member of the women’s lacrosse team, where she was a two-time captain and received the Elizabeth “Bo” Blanchard Memorial Sportsmanship Award in 2013 and the Thomas Reeder Speeden Medal in 2014. In her four years, she was named second-team IWLCA All-Metro Region and All-Centennial Conference first team in 2014 and Centennial Conference Honorable mention in 2012.
A native of Baltimore (Md.), Carly grew up in Towson and graduated from Towson High School.
Questions? Comments? Need help? Give us a call at 610.667.6100 or email us using the form below and someone from NXT Field Hockey will get back to you.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
4747 S. Broad St. Ste. 310
Philadelphia, PA 19112